Here in the Triangle we’re expecting to get a few scattered storms over the weekend but that won’t stop buyers who need to find a home from going shopping. Memorial Day Weekend is among the hottest selling times in the spring market and if you’re looking to sell now is the time to take advantage of the opportunity.
Around this time of year school is winding down, vacations are already planned, and people need to move fast! The sense of urgency tends to be at an all time high. Buyers recognize that homes aren’t sitting very long, and if they currently live in an apartment, most lease agreements end during the months of June and July so people are scrambling to find a suitable home for their needs.
Here’s what you can expect to see going into the weekend:
- Tons of open houses! Open houses are going to be in abundance over the weekend, and if you attend one, you may even luck up and find yourself at a house serving some barbecue.
- Overlapping showings. If you are a buyer and you have showings scheduled to view this weekend don’t be surprised to see a fair number of people there looking at the home as well.
- Multiple offers. If you plan on submitting an offer bring your highest and best from the start. No need to wait and see what happens. Make a good first impression and maybe it just might be enough to win the deal.
- New home communities will be overflowing with traffic. Buyers love new homes! But over this weekend you may have to stand in line in order to get your questions answered by the on-site agent.
- The pools are now open! Folks have been waiting all spring to jump into the pools and over Memorial Day weekend most community pools open the gates. Get ready for lots of fun!
Have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend and remember to thank our heroes in uniform!